Wednesday, October 19, 2016

10 Things All Writers Understand



1. Writer's Block.




We've all been there. But, you can get through this guys!


2. When you have that sudden burst of inspiration that comes out of nowhere and this happens:






You're sitting at your desk, hands hovering over keyboard, adrenaline pumping through your veins, an epic movie soundtrack blasting through your earbuds. You're so ready to write the most phenomenal novel in history.

CHAPTER ONE

. . .


Annnddd there goes that moment of inspiration.

3. When you get so into writing a dramatic scene you get carried away with descriptions


4. Staying up till 1 AM editing


"I'll just edit one more chapter . . . no just ONE more! No, I have to finish it, just one more . . ."

5. Reading your old writing

*cringe*

6. Trying to explain your book to someone

"Uh, well, there was this thing that happened which was really bad. Then, more bad stuff happened from that first bad thing. But, there was this other thing that happened before that bad thing which makes another thing happen after that bad thing. And, yeah, it's just . . .


I'll just send you the summary.

7. When you know your book is starting to make no sense but you have to finish it because you've gotten so far:


"Past the Point of No Return" blaring in the distance.

8. When someone looks over your shoulder when you write


Can you not?

9. When you get into the zone and nothing can stop you


You feel so powerful.

10. When you FINALLY finish the first draft.




PARTY! 

Hey, being a writer is pretty awesome when you think about it. We're giving the world stories that will allow them to escape reality, journey to exciting new worlds, and go on epic adventures. So, let's write! Get off my blog right now and finish that chapter you've been putting off! LET'S DO THIS.

Never stop writing. Never stop dreaming. Never. Ever. Stop.

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. All those gifs work so well! XD
    I definitely feel the feels though. I haven't sat down to write a story in a very long time, but I used to and it was all those things! XD
    I used to want to be a writer, a voice actor, and a stunt woman, all at once XD But now... I guess I've abandoned them all for one reason or another... but I find that I miss those dreams. But you keep going! :D and who knows, maybe I'll actually write another story again ^_^ You're inspiring me gurl : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try to write stories again! Trust me, it'd be really good! I love reading your blog and you're writing style is so real it makes me feel like you're actually talking to me. :D Aww thanks! I got some new glasses and took a selfie with them on that I liked so much it became my profile pic on all da social platforms. XD

      Delete
  2. Also I noticed you changed your pic and description! I like it! :)

    ReplyDelete

© MIXED WHIMSY. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig