Thursday, November 24, 2016

CURRENT FAVORITES




HAMILTON

Ok peeps, I actually thought the whole play was ridiculous. I really didn't even know anything about it and was just being a snotty judgey person. That is, until I actually sat down and listened to the album. After listening to the Cabinet Battles and Guns and Ships my head began to bob and then I was hooked.


If you haven't listened to the soundtrack yet (who am I kidding, of course you have) I recommend it! There is some language here and there throughout a lot of the songs. I personally like listening to the versions where the swearing is muted. I have a very sensitive heart and conscious to anything to do with language or sex in movies or music and try to avoid that as much as possible. It makes me feel utterly unfomortable, and I just don't cope with those sorts of things. But, there's a lot of good in Hamilton and I really enjoy listening to the music. I've learned a lot about Alexander Hamilton just by listening to the lyrics.

SPOTIFY

My awesome friend Rachael helped me get Spotify on my laptop and I am now addicted. I can't write without listening to music. I even listen to it while I read sometimes. It helps me concentrate and get in the right mood.

HONEY


In case you don't know, I'm a bit of a hippie at heart. I use natural deodorant, make my own body wash and toothpaste, drink ACV and lots of green tea, diffuse oils, do oil pulling, hate GMO's, use lavender oil for my face, and wash my face with . . . HONEY.

My face is super sensitive. I literally feel like those people on commercials that say, "I tried everything and nothing worked but then I switched to HONEY and my LIFE was TRANSFORMED."

My skin still breaks out due to it being super sensitive and irritated by everything. (me) But, my skin feels so much healthier and has been a lot clearer ever since I started washing up with raw, organic honey.

BOOKS



I went through a stage a last year where I didn't read much at all. I had gotten so consumed by social media with all its pictures and instant feed, it was so hard for me to put it all away and actually focus on words. I'm finally getting out of that weird stage and am now back to eating up words because reading is MAGICAL. I like to read more than one book at once so I can read different books for different moods I'm in.

Current Reads:

- Twilight by Stephanie Meyer (Hey, don't judge, I was curious to find out if it was really as bad as everyone says.)



- A Time To Speak by Nadine Brandes (This book is already one of my favorites and so is the author)

- Made For More by Hannah Anderson (THIS BOOK. It's honestly the deepest, meatiest books I've read in a long time and really changed the way I think about a lot of things)

- The Secret Keepers by Trenton Lee Stewart (Trenton is my all time favorite author. I was so excited when I learned he had a new book out)

- Divergent by Veronica Roth (re-reading this one)

THE FLASH


Barry Allen is MINE. Seriously, he's so awkward and adorable. Basically the perfect guy for me.

NEW CLOTHES + A TRIM

I got a much needed trim last week and some new clothes. So, natually I had to take an awkward mirror selfie.


What about you? What are some of your current favorites? 

xoxo
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Hamilton and Spotify and burgandy tights, oh my! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been liking buying things for others :) I saved up legit money for Christmas gifts this year and originally I was just thinking about family, but then my mom reminded me about Angel Tree and charity and stuff and I was like "omg, I forgot" so now I've already bought a few things for kids and its so fun! I figure that my family is already pretty well to do, and if they truly want things they can buy them for themselves, but these kids can't always get what they want, so i like doing a nice thing ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to buy gifts this year too!! I agree, it's totally fun! :D

      Delete
  3. And I'm getting into my LOTR and The Hobbit marathoning! I'm watching all the appendices first though XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMW YESSSS. I don't think I've ever watched them all, but I've come close to it. XD

      Delete

© MIXED WHIMSY. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig