Wednesday, November 30, 2016

I WON NANOWRIMO


GUYS.

IT'S FINALLY OVER.

AND I FINISHED ON TIME.

HOWWW?

Word Count: 50,120

I still can't believe I wrote over 50K words in 29 days . . .

This was my first year of doing it. I'm thinking about doing it next year too, because it's such a great way to get a head start on your novel.

My story is full of plot holes, bad sentence structure, and plenty of grammar mistakes. But, you know what? That's the beauty of a first draft.

Here's what the month was like for me described in gifs, because it's just more fun that way.

Week One // YAY NANOWRIMO! LET'S DO THIS!


I'm going to get up at 6 AM EVERY MORNING so I have an hour to write before school! This is going to be a PIECE OF CAKE.

Really, the hype only lasted for three days.

Week Two // JK, I am NOT getting up that early.


Word goal went from 3,000 words a day, to whatever I could get done without going crazy.

Week Three // I'm so done.


BAM. Writer's block. Every writer dreads it. It's when your fingers hover over the keys , the word document is blank before your eyes and suddenly all your ideas are crap, everything you've written seems awful, and you just don't even know anymore.

Week Four // I have no idea what's going on, but I'm rolling with it.

I feel you, Hamilton.

In which there are so many plot holes in my story and nothing seems to make  sense anymore, but I just go with it.


Note to self: IT'S A FIRST DRAFT IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE BAD.

If you want to read some snippets from my story, click here!

It's nowhere near done yet even though I had over 20,000 words written before NaNoWriMo.

Overall Word Count: 68,524

I'm not even done with part one yet and the whole book is three parts long. This book is turning out to be much longer than I expected. I'm thinking it might be 150,000 words long when it's all said in done. Yeah, MUCH longer than I thought it would be when I came up with this story two years ago.

Did you participate in NaNoWriMo? How did it go for you? Comment away, peeps!

xoxo





SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Also, love your new blog layout and stuff! :D
    And, I love that Merlin gif XD I used to love Merlin!! But the 5th season... just was eh for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Mom helped me with it! XD THANKS MOM.
      Yesss, I love Merlin so much. DUDE THAT LAST SEASON KILLED ME. *cries*

      Delete
    2. I'm the one that has to help my mom with computer stuff XD No way she could help me with layouts! Thats great your mom can! :D

      Delete
  2. YAYYY SHELBY I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT!!!

    ReplyDelete

© MIXED WHIMSY. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig