Sunday, December 4, 2016

NEW YORK // DAY FOUR


Each day feels much longer than a normal day, ya know? Maybe it's because we cram so much stuff into one day . . .

WE SAW THE STATUE OF LIBERTY.





Not a small one from Las Vegas.

She was so gorgeous in person, I almost couldn't believe I was seeing the real thing. It was so quite there. Well, quiet compared to the rest of New York.

China Town and Little Italy were next. It was like walking into a whole different world. There were Chinese woman selling things everywhere, street vendors with fresh fruit, and signs everywhere written in Chinese. 




On nearly every street there would be a woman saying:

"YOU BUY SUNGLASS? PURSE? YOU NEED PURSE? I GIVE YOU WATCH? WATCH? SUNGLASS??" 

Eventually you just learn to avoid eye contact or just say no in a very straightforward way. 

We stopped at a restaurant there and the food was so fresh, much better than the Chinese takeout we get back in Arkansas. HA.

Little Italy had SUCH COOL ART.






We planned to walk through central park but then a guy talked us into riding in the back of his bike carriage through the park. My Mom and I were DYING laughing during the ride, the three if us could hardly fit in that small buggy.








We were actually able to go to the hotel before dinner to freshen up. I actually wore tights and a dress tonight instead of jeans because I needed it, ya know?

Tomorrow, we head back to Arkansas. I'll post tomorrow too and share extra pictures from New York. There's something I want to say about my whole experience here.

New York is amazing and a whole different world. But, it is not the perfect pictures you see on IG feeds or even on mine. There are scary parts of it and some strange people and places. You will sweat and get frizzed hair and get sore from the walking. 

Your trip won't be perfect, but it will be FUN! at first, I was so worried about taking perfect pictures and wearing perfect outfits so everything would be just right. But, after I stopped worrying about that and accepted things weren't going to be perfectly flawless like in movies, I had much more fun.

Things I Learned:
- There's almost four times as many people here than where I live
- Hot chocolate is a glorious thing (especially when it's FREAKING 40 DEGREES OUTSIDE AND SUPER WINDY)

Things We Did:
- The Statue Of Liberty
- China Town
- Little Italy
- Central Park

THANKS FOR READING MY DAILY NEW YORK UPDATES. Last one is tomorrow!

xoxo








   
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. The pictures you took of Central Park were similar angles shot in a show I'm watching. It's where one of the characters goes a lot. (Yes I fangirled about that. xD)Aaaahhh that art in Little Italy though *heart eyes*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's so cool! :D Yesss, Little Italy was so much fun.

      Delete
  2. CANNOLI!!!!!!!!

    Little Italy cannoli was literally my favorite thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg those cannolis!!!!!! :O Mouth is watering.
    You're from Arkansas? I've also never been to Arkansas XD But one of my friends goes to a university there XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knowwww *heart eyes* mine was really good.

      I am! :D It gets pretty hot in the Summer and we have lots of tree. XD

      Delete
    2. I don't like hot XD I like 60 ish degrees XD But it gets hot here, in CA too. It was hot until like early to mid November -_-

      Delete

© MIXED WHIMSY. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig