Saturday, December 3, 2016

NEW YORK // DAY THREE


Today was really long, exhausting, but so much fun. That's literally every day here though, so I shouldn't even have to say that. In fact you should just be able to tell I'm exhausted by my jumbled writing.

We got out earlier today and got breakfast from a vendor. The three of us got blueberry muffins and let me tell you, crumbs flew off those things like Nature Valley Bars. After finishing our muffins, we took the Subway to The Top Of The Rock to see New York from above.




I did a bit of shopping for gifts from street vendors. ;) Buying gifts is fun, especially in New York City.

Next, Rockefeller Center. Let me tell you guys, it was NOT empty like in Home Alone Two when Kevin sat in front of the giant Christmas tree.


Also, so this happened:

le me sneaking picture of Elmo

LE ELMO SEEING ME AND POINTING

le me with a look of pure terror on my face

I was just going to sneak a picture of Elmo, but HE SAW ME AND THEN BEFORE I COULD BLINK I WAS SURROUNDED BY TWO MINNIE MOUSES, OLAF, AND ELMO.

Minnies: You take picture! You take picture!

Me: WAT

Elmo: No, I take picture! Hand camera! Hand camera!

And then, before I even knew what was happening, Elmo took my camera from my hands, backed up, and snapped pictures of me with two Minnies and Olaf.

Minnies: That be ten dollar! Ten dollar!

Me: um okay *has no idea what else to do because Elmo, two Minnie Mouses, and Olaf surround me like hawks*

Me: *hands ten dollar bill out of desperation to escape the nightmare*

Me to Mom: Those pictures better be good.

I still can't laugh too hard about it. TEN DOLLARS.

I learned from that experience.

Never again.

Lunch was at a BBQ place  in Time Square. I was kinda tired from the crowds and noise and might have had a little anxiety attack when I began to think about how far away from home I was. IT'S ALRIGHT NOW I'M OKAY NOW. I felt pretty overwhelmed until we sat down in Radio City Music hall to watch Aladdin.


IT WAS SO GOOD GUYS.

Genie was hands down the best character.

I actually haven't even seen the Disney movie (I have no idea why it hasn't happened) but they play really makes me want to see the movie now.

On our way out, we walked through Time's Square.


TOO. MANY. PEOPLE.

We were going to go through central park on a carriage, but the three of us were too hangry (angry + tired = hangry) and tired. We did some outside shopping and I got this really cute choker win a north star from peter pan charm on it.

What I Learned Today:
- It's not all about the food, it's way more walking than that.
- Avoid eye contact with wild Elmos
- I am much too smol and quiet for New York Life but it is a nice place to visit

Things We Did:
- Top Of The Rock
- Rockefeller Center
- Aladdin
- Time's Square
- Shopping






SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Again, your pictures are GORGEOUS. The Elmo thing had me laughing so hard... HE EVEN LOOKS INSANE. Ahhh, the things you encounter in NYC. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU SO MUCH! I know right? Elmo was terrifying.

      Delete
  2. THOSE CHARACTERS ARE THE SCARIEST THINGS EVER.

    I hate them so much oh my goodness.

    ALADDINNNNN!!! *insert allllllllll the heart eye emojis* We saw that when we visited, and it was so incredible. I love Genie so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've never seen Aladdin? :O Whhaaaaa????
    Actually, I haven't seen it in year, so I'm not one to talk XD But I do like "A Whole New World" XD
    And, omg, that character situation would be scary, like is that even legal? 0_o

    ReplyDelete

© MIXED WHIMSY. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig