Friday, December 2, 2016

NEW YORK // DAY TWO

 

I feel my posts are going to be shorter and more jumbled as this trip goes on. BUT, I said I was going to post every day here so I SHALL.

Today I am (again) super, super tired. I woke up at 8 AM with sore legs and aching feet. I love New York, ya'll, but all these crowds are EXHAUSTING.

We left the hotel at around 11 AM and stopped to get a quick breakfast. I got a croissant with Nutella and cream filling. It was DELICIOUS. Not really a good source of protein, which is what you really need for New York. Seriously, guys, I can not tell you enough how much you have to walk here. BRING YOUR WALKING SHOES.

We've been traveling through the Subway a lot, Once you get used to the jerky, wobbly ride and the fact that nobody has any regard for personal space, it isn't that bad.

We went and saw the 9/11 memorial first which was really emotional for all of us. I can't even imagine how terrifying that day was for everyone.




After that, we headed for Tiffany's.

GUYS.

TIFFANY'S.

LIKE:


THAT TIFFANY'S.

It was real fancy in there, Apparently I have an expensive taste, because every ring I liked was like when you see a shirt you like in the mall, see the price tag, then walk quickly away. It took me a while to pick out my senior ring in the price range, but I DID eventually find it. And it's GORGEOUS. I seriously can't stop looking at it and feeling super fanccyyy.






Am I Audrey Hepburn yet?

Next, The Rockettes. By then my feet were screaming and I just wanted to sit on the sidewalk and rest. We had to wait in a line with what felt like thousands of people to get in there. We were like a herd of cattle as the police directed the huge crowd. Once we did get in, of course Mom and I had to pee and of course the line of far out the door and of COURSE the bathroom smelled like a whopping pile of HORSE POOP.

But, the show totally made up for it.


It was time to find dinner after that. We wanted to go to Serendipity but it was over an hour wait, so we went and got some pizza instead. I got a cool picture though.



The three of us agreed we DID NOT want to make the same mistake as yesterday and WALK all the way back to the hotel, so we rented an Uber. (Oooober) I love you if you get the reference.

Things I've Learned
- Fashion is not above pain. (In other words, WEAR WALKING SHOES NOT STYLISH BOOTS)

Places We Went:
- 9/11 Memorial
- Tiffany's
- City Hall Music Center: The Rockettes  







SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Ahhhh your ring is soooo pretty!! GAAHH I love seeing all your pictures! Boy, New York looks exhausting. But fun. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YASS I LOVE MY RING! :D Yes, it's exactly that XD very exhausting, but fun

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, that ring is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I never take it off (unless I'm washing dishes, or something XD)

      Delete
  3. XD I'm not a jewelry person so I can't comment on that, but that one building that looks like it has weird wings is cooooolllll!!!! :O
    The 2nd to last one!
    And omg, I think I'd be teary eyed at the 9/11 memorial. I didn't understand it when it happened, but I look back on it now and its just... odd, in a way. Like, it makes you think and I think its so weird that there are kids that can't remember watching the the smoke billowing from the towers and the planes crashing over and over... But then to think that old people probably think of past wars and past horrific events like that with us x"D Its just odd I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not usually one either. so I understand XDD

      I was teary eyed! But, I had eyeliner on, so if I cried it would burn my eyes real bad. XD It is odd! I can't remember it at all.

      Delete
    2. Oh true! You would have been only a few years old. I was 7 and actually getting ready, with my family, to go to Washington to my great grandma's funeral x"D I remember sitting on the bed with my grandparents watching the news and seeing the planes flying into the building over and over.

      Delete

© MIXED WHIMSY. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig