Thursday, December 1, 2016

NEW YORK // DAY ONE


GUYS.

I AM IN NEW YORK.





It's been a full day and I am totally exhausted. I have no idea how my feet are going to survive for the next four days.

THERE'S SO MUCH WALKING INVOLVED WITH NEW YORK. My Mom, Mama Lynda, and I are literally limping around the hotel room right now, dying laughing at ourselves.

First things first, the trip.

My Mom and I planned to get up at 3;30 AM to pick up my Mama Lynda and get to our 5;55 flight in time. Guess what time I got up? 1 AM. I don't even know how I survived. At first, of course, I was absolutely wide awake, to overcome with excitement TO EVER SLEEP AGAIN I HAVE POWERRR.

First Flight: DUDE I'M GOING TO NEW YORK I'M SO EXCITED I'M PROBABLY GOING TO READ A WHOLE BOOK WITH ALL THE TIME ON THE FLIGHT I HAVE *takes fifteen pictures from out the plane window*


Second Flight: *reads like two pages of book* *nearly falls asleep leaning on Mom's arm*

But, when that New York view from the plane came in view, I was wide awake. It was amazing. That's when I thought, "Wow, I'm going to New York . . . wow."

Sleepless In Seattle, Enchanted, You've Got Mail, An Affair To Remember, Elf, Serendipity . . .

Magical things have happened in this city.

Then, I step out of the airport and it's all: HONKKKK "MOVE IT!" "GET OUT OF THE WAY!" "LET'S GO!"

Ya'll, this country gal is not used to the fast lane. Or the fast driving. The guy who drove us to the hotel told us he'd been driving people for twenty years and even drove some celebrities out of paparazzi. I kept reminding myself that as he veered past honking cars at an alarming speeds. THEY MAKE UP THEIR OWN LANES THERE IT'S CRAZY.



We got to the hotel and I collapsed on the bed. "I'm so exhausted!" I say. *laughs* Oh Shelby, you have no idea . . .

Next, we walked through New York, then took the subway, making our way to the Brooklyn Bridge. I swear I saw three guys throughout the walk who looked suspiciously like Tony Stark.



After The Brooklyn Bridge, we walked SOME MORE and made it to the Empire State Building. I felt like Annie Reed with my hair blowing all over the place as I stood looking out over New York City on the 86th floor of The Empire State Building. Too bad Tom Hanks wasn't there . . .




After that dinner because the three of us were FAMISHED from all that walking. We went to a place called House of Lasagna who had THE BEST pizza ever. Course that could be just because I was so hungry . . . then I ordered a "hot chocolate brownie" that ended up being COLD, so they gave me a new one that was a warm and melty and ahhhhhh , . .

Then, the longest walk of my life.

Okay, maybe not that long, but it felt like it. We took the LONG way back to the hotel. The heel blistering oh-my-goodness-my-legs-are-about-to-fall-off long way. I felt like an actual New Yorker, speed walking over crosswalks and not falling when the subway lurched. *laughs sheepishly*

Let me tell you guys, when the hotel sign finally came into view, a chorus of angels sang. That. Walk. Was. Long.

What I Learned Today:
- Eventually you just don't care about being in the back of a million different tourist photos.
- New Yorkers talk fast, walk fast, drive fast, really do everything fast.
- Do NOT accidentally shoot all your photos in RAW. Just don't.\

What We Did:
- Brooklyn Bridge
- The Empire State Building
- Bought a selfie stick






SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Awesome day. Awesome pictures 💕 Mama Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh looks like so much fun!! Your pictures are gorgeous too! Now I'm super excited to take a trip there someday. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! You'll love it here, it's so different!

      Delete
  3. Oh, New York! We went last year, and I miss it. It's so pretty this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I've never been to New York! :O
    I live on the other coast XD I feel like even though I gets busy here... its still somehow more chill than it seems on the East Coast XD Despite the fact that it doesn't actually get as chill as the EC (that was a bad joke XP) But, you take such lovely photos!! :)

    ReplyDelete

© MIXED WHIMSY. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig