Friday, September 30, 2016

18.


18.

It hasn't quite sunk in yet. A legal adult? I'm not ready to start adulting yet.

I had to ask my Mom to go into Dollar Tree with me to buy the balloons you see in the picture because I was too nervous to go alone.

I'm serious.

This year I decided to do something different. I decided to do 18 random acts of kindness because I think it's something our world needs more of. Especially right now.

I thought I would share with you the 18 things I did to brighten people's day and spread joy.

1. Gift for a friend

We left at around 8:40 AM and headed over to Tori's house to give her some goodies. She was surprised.

We hugged.

We almost cried.

It was great.


2. Doughnuts For the Police Station

It's not just in movies. Cops really do love doughnuts.


3. Pay For The Person Behind

I got a white chocolate frapuccino. I like a little coffee with my sugar.


4. Give Balloons To Children

This one made me happy. It was fun to see the smiles on those kids faces when they unexpectedly got a big bright balloon.


5. Leave flowers on people's cars.

Just a little splash of color to add to someone's average day.


6. Free Bubbles at the Park

Bubbles are always fun. Even if your 18.


7. Coloring Books at The ER


8. Blessing Bag for Homeless

We actually did this a few days before my birthday. We were driving out of the Walmart parking lot from buying the stuff we needed for my acts of kindness when we saw a lady with a sign who needed help. So, we grabbed all the stuff we got for the blessing bag and gave it to her. She was surprised and very thankful.

9. Leave Quarters at a Vending Machine


10. Sidewalk Chalk Art

I'm glad the grandparents with their little girl at the park didn't think it was weird a teenager was sprawled out on the concrete in a dress, drawing butterflies and a smiling sun. *snorts* I've mastered adulting.


11. Put Carts Away at Kroger

I'm an expert at putting away stray carts. *slides on sunglasses* I'm like a cart detector.

12. Free bookmarks at the Library

I of course had to put one in my most favorite book EVER. The Mysterious Benedict Society. *heart eyes*


13. & 14. Put Quotes on mirrors and Other Radom Places

Even if it's just a reminder that you're beautiful and you're doing just fine, it still has the ability to make someone's day.


15. Give Someone a Meal

My Mom and I made taco salad for the pastor and church secretaries. They were really blessed by it, it made me happy.


16. Leave Popcorn at Redbox

Family night is on us!


17. Give a treat to a Neighbor

I got to visit with neighbors I hadn't seen in a while. We had a good time catching up.


18. Leave a treat for the mailman

Unfortunately, we missed her. But, I did do another act of kindness instead. I wrote my parents over 30 notes and posted them all over the house. They enjoyed that.

That night, my Dad took me to Sunny Williams for a special date. He told me he was proud I dedicated my birthday to helping others. I love spreading joy and smiles and love. This world needs more of those things. So, let's do it. Let's spread kindness and joy. Let's be lights in this dark world and show others hope is not lost.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, KINDNESS, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law."
{Galations 5:22-23}




SHARE:

5 comments

  1. This is the nicest thing to do for others! Especially since it was for your 18th birthday! I'm sure every single one of those people you blessed where surprised and thankful by your kindness. Haha, you totally remind me of Selena Gomez's song "Kill Em' With Kindness." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Again, you seem like such an old soul and you're only 18! XD I feel so much older and yet so much younger than you XD
    But that is such a great bunch of stuff to do! I think that for my next birthday I wanna try something like this ^_^ You've inspired me! :D
    And I loved the whole "Real cops love doughnuts too" thing XD XD XD And I too, like just a tad of coffee with my sugar XP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, also, How To Adult is a good YT channel that helps people with "adulting" XD Though, I'd say for me, its really not that bad. Granted, I'm still living with my parents and they take care of a lot for me, but I'm slowly building up my savings for future stuff and I'm not too worried about big life stuff ya know. I've always figured that God's got my back and as long as I do my best to lead a life He agrees with, then it'll all work out anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sweet of you Shelby! I hope that you had a great 18th birthday. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Shelby! This is really cool and sweet of you, though I have to say, I'm not surprised, you were always the type of nice person that does this sort of thing!

    ReplyDelete

© MIXED WHIMSY. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig