Friday, September 23, 2016

For All you Ice Cream Lovers


No matter how healthy we are, we're all still going to love some kind of sweet. For me that sweet is ice cream and dark chocolate. Admit it guys, you love dessert, and we've all craved it sometime or another when we've tried to eat healthy.

So, I'm here to give you an alternative treat to try. Wait for it . . . Frozen bananas! Yes, that's what I said, frozen bananas. Peel a few, put them in a bag, then throw them in the freezer. When you start craving some chocolate ice cream, a salted caramel mocha, or a verity of other treats you can just pop a frozen banana in a blender. You can throw in peanut butter, protein powder, a few chocolate chips, almond milk, really any ingredient you think would taste good. This morning for breakfast I made a caramel and chocolate bowl of banana ice cream which is what you see in the picture.

I didn't follow any recipe, but here's a list of what I threw in my banana blender:

- Two smaller frozen bananas (Since this was my breakfast I decided to put in two. But, I'd just do one if it's going to be for dessert)

- A cup of chocolate protein powder

- About half a tablespoon to a tablespoon of caramel extract (I didn't measure, I just poured some in, so this is just an estimate)

- About half a teaspoon of salt to taste

If you don't have a blender that's specifically for bananas, then I recommend putting some milk, almond milk, or maybe even a bit of coffee in with that so you don't accidentally strip the blender blade. (I may or may not be speaking from experience)

And voilla!


Here's a few facts for you about bananas:

- They are high in potassium. They help the body's circulatory system deliver oxygen to the brain which helps you maintain a regular heartbeat. 

- When we eat them, they also release a mood regulating substance called tryptophan which helps produce serotonin in the brain. All that to say it helps elevate our moods! 

- Bananas give you brainpower and instant energy because they are packed with potassium and contains necessary carbohydrates to replace the muscle glycogen in your body.

So, next time you're craving ice cream or something else sweet try some frozen banana ice cream. It tastes amazing and is so much better for you than your regular old grocery store ice cream! xoxo
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I am literally the laziest cooking person I know, and even though this sounds DELICIOUS! I am too lazy to prepare bananas and blend them XD I'd eat it if someone else did XD But I have yet to try this whole blended banana thing. Maybe one day though! Also, my blender is almost as old as me... so... I''m not sure it could handle it either. XD

    ReplyDelete

© MIXED WHIMSY. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig